Saturday, July 26, 2014

B is for Borage

Back in the good old days when I had my Garden Maintenance business a customer introduced me to the wonders of borage.

So I'll plant some.

I might be a little early so I'm only planting two, fifty miller-meter tube pots to see if they'll germinate and if they do I'll plant a heap more.

While it has many uses I'll mainly be using it for it's bee attracting flowers.

 You can never have too many bee attracting flowers as far as I can tell.

Though, if I ever need regulation of metabolism and the hormonal system, or a remedy for PMS and menopause symptoms then I'll be prepared.

Other benefits of having Borage in the garden include, as a companion plant which is said to protect or nurse legumes, spinach, brassicas, and even strawberries. It is also said to be a good companion plant to tomatoes.


Seeds about the size of a match head and they're easy to plant.

You can find out more about Borage here at Rangeview Seeds.

Cheers

Stewart.

No comments: